Testosterone is a hormone produced by the testicles. Testosterone affects your appearance and sexual development, stimulates sperm production and sex drive, and helps build muscle and bone mass.
Testosterone production typically decreases with age. According to studies, about 40 percent of males ages 45 and older have low testosterone.
- Low sex drive.
- Erectile dysfunction.
- Decreased sense of well-being.
- Depressed mood.
- Difficulties with concentration and memory.
- Moodiness and irritability.
- Loss of muscular strength.
Aside from making healthy lifestyle choices and addressing medication side effects or untreated medical conditions, there are a few things you can do to naturally boost your testosterone level.
- Exercise and Lift Weights
- Eat Protein, Fat and Carbs
- Minimize Stress and Cortisol Levels
- Get Some Sun or Take a Vitamin D Supplement
- Take Vitamin and Mineral Supplements.
- Get Plenty of Restful, High-Quality Sleep.