At Maties Gym, parents can add their children onto their membership at no additional cost.
One minor can be added per paying adult membership. Minors will have complimentary access until they turn 18.
Below, see the age restrictions for Maties Gym.
Under 10 Years of age:
- No members under the age of 10 are allowed to take part in group exercise classes.
- No members under the age of 10 allowed on any cardiovascular equipment (stationary cycles, cross-trainers, rowers, steppers, treadmills) or strength equipment.
Under 10 – 14 Years of age:
- Members of the age of 10 – 14 are allowed to make use of the indoor/outdoor, pool and cardiovascular equipment (excluding the treadmills) with adult supervision.
14 – 16 Years of age:
- May use all cardio equipment and make use of strength machines under supervision.
Under 16 Years of age:
- No member under the age of 16 is allowed in the High Performance and/or Weight Training Area without adult supervision. No member under the age of 16 is allowed to make use of the sauna.
Adult supervision is defined as:
- The sole responsibility of a parent, legal guardian or trainer to supervise and care for the child. The guardian must be present and in close proximity of where the child is training.